Halton named top employer for 9th year in a row
For the ninth consecutive year, Halton Region has been named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2020.
The annual competition measures a wide range of criteria showcasing organizations that “offer exceptional working environments that promote employee engagement and success”.
"We are proud to receive the Greater Toronto Top Employers award for another year, and to be recognized as one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates,” said Gary Carr, Halton Region chair. “By creating a supportive culture that offers rewarding careers and nurtures personal growth, we continued to deliver high-quality programs and services to our community. Our dedicated Council and exceptional staff are the reason why 97 per cent of Halton residents are satisfied with the quality of services provided by Halton Region."
The Region employs more than 2,500 professionals. When considering Halton for the award, the panel reviewed its wellness programs, opportunities for recent graduates, supports for new parents, professional development and training, working conditions, and onsite amenities at its administrative headquarters.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- Here’s Why the Halton Region was Recently Recognized
- Halton Region Working to Keep Property Taxes Low in 2020
- Halton Region Announces New Funding For Community Run Organizations
- Halton Region Joins Toronto's Bid for Amazon’s Second HQ
- Region Weighs in on Potential Possibility of Halton Becoming One City