Halton Police Arrest Man In Connection To Armed Robbery In Burlington
The Halton Police have identified, arrested and charged a man from Burlington in connection with an armed robbery that occurred on May 16.
Michael Jess, 46, allegedly robbed a Petro Canada Gas Station in Burlington. At approximately 4:49 on May 16, he entered the gas station located on 1200 Walkers Line. He was armed with a knife and confronted the lone employee. He then stole cash from behind the counter before leaving in his dark coloured Chevy Cruze hatchback. The employee did not suffer any injuries.
During the police’s investigation, they found out that Jess allegedly committed offences at a local restaurant and motel.
Jess has been charged with robbery with a weapon, mischief under $5,000, fraudulently obtain food and fail to comply undertaking (2 counts).
Jess was held for a bail hearing on May 21 and was remanded into custody.
The police would like to remind the public that people charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade