Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Recent Break and Enters in Burlington and Oakville
Halton Police have arrested one of two suspects in connection with a series of recent commercial break and enters.
According to police, the alleged break and enters took place in the Town of Oakville and the City of Burlington.
Police say, the two suspects broke into two gas stations in Oakville on Oct. 28, 2018.
At approximately 11:00 p.m., the two suspects broke into the Pioneer Gas Station located at 2451 Lakeshore Rd. W., Oakville, by smashing the window to the front door of the store. Police say the suspects targeted cash and cigarettes.
Shortly after, according to police, the suspects broke into the Husky Gas Station, located at 630 Fourth Line, Oakville. At this location, the suspects rammed a late model silver Honda Civic into the front door of the gas station in order to gain access. Once inside, the suspects targeted cash, cigarettes, and lottery tickets.
In the initial news release, the first male suspect was described by police as white, with a thin build. He was wearing a brown coloured plaid jacket with a yellow shirt worn underneath. He was also wearing a grey toque, blue jeans, and gloves.
Also in the initial news release, the second male suspect was described by police as white with a stocky build. He was wearing a dark jacket with the hood up, dark pants, and dark gloves.
On Oct. 31, the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) released a photograph of a suspect who committed two commercial break and enters into gas stations in Oakville, police say.
Now, thanks to a tip police received from the public, Todd Romo, 28, of Hamilton was identified as the suspect in the photograph.
On Nov. 22, the suspect was arrested in Hamilton and was transported to the Oakville police station where he was held in custody pending a bail hearing scheduled for today, Nov. 23, in Milton, according to police.
Police say the suspect was charged with the following alleged offences:
- Break and Enter (five counts)
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Breach of Probation
Following an investigation, police say the suspect was also responsible for a second crime spree that occurred on Oct. 21.
The suspect is accused of breaking into the following businesses:
- Nike Factory store located at 3499 Wyecroft Rd., Oakville, on Oct. 21.
- Pioneer gas station located at 2451 Lakeshore Rd., Oakville, on Oct. 21.
- Fixt Wireless repair store located at 5010 Pinedale Ave., Burlington, on Oct. 21.
- Pioneer gas station located at 2451 Lakeshore Rd., Oakville, on Oct. 28.
- Husky gas station located at 630 Fourth Line, Oakville, on Oct. 28, 2018
The HRPS are thanking the public for their assistance in identifying this suspect.
The investigation is ongoing as the second suspect involved in the break and enters remains outstanding.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Detective Omar Nadim, 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau, 905-825-4747 ext. 2278.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada
- Halton Police Looking for Suspects Following Gas Station Break-in
- Suspects Sought After Two Gas Station Break and Enters in Oakville
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Multiple Break and Enters Across Halton
- Suspect Arrested Following Residential Break and Enters in Oakville
- Police Searching For Suspect Following Gas Station Robbery in Oakville