Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
Halton Police have arrested one suspect following a vehicle crashing into Lake Ontario in Oakville.
Earlier this morning, Nov. 5, at around 3:05 a.m. Halton Regional Police were called to the area of Maple Grove Drive and Lakeshore Road East in Oakville to investigate a report of someone knocking on doors.
According to police, shortly after arriving on scene police located a male and discovered a collision had occurred that resulted in a vehicle crashing into Lake Ontario at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive.
Police have arrested one person for alleged impaired driving.
.@JKMTowing has recovered a car from Lake Ontario after the driver drove through a guardrail at the end of Maple Grove Drive in #Oakville overnight. Male 20's arrested for impaired. pic.twitter.com/mFdQzrbMco— DR (@Media371) November 5, 2018
Police and Oakville Fire are continuing search and rescue efforts for any other possible occupants of the involved vehicle.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Canadian Medical Association preparing for potential second wave of COVID-19
- ROAD CLOSURE: Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario in Oakville
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- UPDATE: Driver Identified Following Crash into Lake in Oakville
- Identity of Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash in Oakville Revealed
- Man Found Deceased in Lake Ontario In Oakville