Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario
Halton Police have arrested one suspect following a vehicle crashing into Lake Ontario in Oakville.
Earlier this morning, Nov. 5, at around 3:05 a.m. Halton Regional Police were called to the area of Maple Grove Drive and Lakeshore Road East in Oakville to investigate a report of someone knocking on doors.
According to police, shortly after arriving on scene police located a male and discovered a collision had occurred that resulted in a vehicle crashing into Lake Ontario at the dead end of Maple Grove Drive.
Police have arrested one person for alleged impaired driving.
.@JKMTowing has recovered a car from Lake Ontario after the driver drove through a guardrail at the end of Maple Grove Drive in #Oakville overnight. Male 20's arrested for impaired. pic.twitter.com/mFdQzrbMco— DR (@Media371) November 5, 2018
Police and Oakville Fire are continuing search and rescue efforts for any other possible occupants of the involved vehicle.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- This Store at the Burlington Centre Needs an Update
- ROAD CLOSURE: Vehicle Crashes into Lake Ontario in Oakville
- UPDATE: Body Recovered After Vehicle Crashes into Lake in Oakville
- UPDATE: Driver Identified Following Crash into Lake in Oakville
- Identity of Man Killed in Lake Ontario Crash in Oakville Revealed
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle