Halton Police Dog Sniffs Out Stolen Car Suspects
Two suspects are facing charges after a stolen vehicle from Toronto was found in Georgetown — and a Halton police dog named Nero tracked them down.
The incident took place on Dec. 11 just before midnight.
That’s when a Halton police officer was proactively patrolling in a cruiser equipped with an automatic licence plate reader.
The officer was alerted to a 2004 Honda Accord driving on Guelph St. with an expired validation sticker.
The vehicle sped up, quickly turning down side streets in a residential neighbourhood near Guelph St. and Delrex Blvd., say police.
The officer found the car parked in a driveway and two people were running away.
After searching the licence plate, it turns out the car had been reported stolen in Toronto.
The officer tried to stop the suspects but they fled on foot.
Nero was brought in, finding the pair hiding under parked cars.
Both suspects were arrested and held for a bail hearing.
Andrew Lamore, 33, of Toronto is charged with two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 and two counts of breach of probation.
Ludmila Lishchenko, 31, of Innisfil, is charged with: two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, breach of probation, and possession of cocaine.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det.-Const. Mark Brewster of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext 2428.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Police arrest 16-year-old in toddler stabbing and death of family dog
- Update: Police standoff ends after toddler was stabbed
- The province suggests tiny homes could help the housing crisis
- Police responding after two pedestrians struck in different parts of Milton
- Suspects Charged After Halton Police Find Stolen Van in Burlington
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Suspects Charged After Ramming Halton Police Cruiser
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle