Halton police investigating 8th bank robbery in 6 weeks
The Halton Regional Police Service is investigating the region’s eighth bank robbery in just over six weeks. The latest took place at the TD Canada Trust located at 6501 Derry Rd in Milton.
Police were called to the branch at approximately 7:50 p.m. Thursday (Feb 6) after two masked suspects allegedly entered the bank and demanded cash from staff at gunpoint.
Police say the suspects are believed to have left the scene in a dark coloured SUV and initially fled westbound on Derry Rd before turning around and leaving the area eastbound.
Suspect 1: Male, white and approximately 20 -29 years of age. Approximately 5’8” tall, with a slim build. The suspect was wearing dark clothing including a jacket with a hood and dark coloured track pants. He was wearing a black ski mask and black gloves.
Suspect 2: Male, approximately 20-29 years of age. Also seen wearing dark clothing including a ski mask and gloves.
No physical injuries were sustained during the robbery, according to Halton police.
This is the eighth bank robbery since Dec 13, 2019, that the Halton Regional Police Service is investigating.
Police are asking residents to be vigilant when attending banks (including parking lots) and report any suspicious activity to police.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Burlington council votes to eliminate income tax penalties amid COVID-19 outbreak