Halton police investigating bank robbery at gunpoint
The Halton Regional Police Service continues to investigate a bank robbery that took place at the Royal Bank (RBC) located at 232 Guelph St in Georgetown.
Police were called to the branch just before 5:00 pm on Tuesday (Jan 28) after three masked suspects entered the bank and demanded cash from staff at gunpoint.
The suspects reportedly fled the scene in a black four-door Infiniti sedan.
The suspects are described as:
- Three black-skinned or brown-skinned males
- All dressed in black with masks or scarves covering their faces
- All three males appeared to be approximately 5’7”-5’9”
No physical injuries were sustained during the robbery.
Police are asking anyone with information or dashcam video from the area near the time of the robbery to contact the Halton Regional Police Service Regional Robbery Task Force Unit at 905 825 4747 ext. 2416 or Detective Michael Maltar at 905 825 4747 ext. 2417.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton