Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision In Oakville
On August 3rd at approximately 8:24 pm, Halton Police responded to a serious collision, involving a motorcycle and a motor vehicle at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Ford Drive, in Oakville.
According to police, a 54-year-old male motorcycle rider from Mississauga was travelling westbound on Lakeshore Road when an eastbound motor vehicle attempted to turn north onto Ford Drive. The motor vehicle turned into the path of the motorcycle at which point the two collided in the intersection. The male rider sustained serious injuries requiring medical treatment. The male motor vehicle occupant, a 64-year-old Oakville resident, was uninjured.
An ambulance arrived and transported the man to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment.
Due to the serious nature of the injuries, the Collision Reconstruction Unit responded and took carriage of the investigation. The scene was held for approximately 4 hours for the at-scene collision investigation.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information leading up to the collision, are requested to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-825-4747 ext 5065.
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Motorcycle Collision In Oakville
- UPDATE: Oakville Man Seriously Injured in Vehicle Collision
- One Man in Hospital Following Motorcycle Collision in Burlington
- Hamilton Rider in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Collision in Burlington
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Oakville