Halton Police Lay Staggering Number of Charges During Street Racing Blitz
Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) laid several charges across the region over just six hours last Friday to combat street racing and aggressive driving in Halton.
HRPS announced that after patrolling Milton, Halton Hills, Oakville, and Burlington on Friday, July 21, 2017, from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. a whopping over 100 charges were laid.
The most dramatic charge laid seems to have been a stunting incident wherein a Ferrari was seizes and the driver received a seven-day license suspension.
Here are the most significant charges that were laid during Friday’s blitz:
48 for speeding
5 for distracted driving
2 for careless driving
1 for suspended driving
8 vehicles were inspected, with one taken out of service
1 driver received a roadside suspension for providing a “warn” range BAC sample into an approved screening device
It seems as though speeding is the most concerning driving issue for Halton when it comes to street racing and aggressive driving.
The initiative, called Project ERASE, is part of a commitment by GTA policing partners to work together in 2017 and beyond.
Alongside HRPS for Project ERASE are officers from the OPP, Toronto Police Service, Peel Regional Police, York Regional Police, Ministry of the Environment (Vehicle Emissions Enforcement Unit) and Ministry of Transportation Halton Enforcement Team to combat street racing and aggressive driving in Halton.
The blitz was part of three planned GTA-wide operations planned for this year to deter, disrupt and detect illegal racing activities that place all road users at risk, according to HRPS.
Residents are reminded to call police if they see vehicles racing or driving aggressively.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Justin Trudeau appears at campaign rally in Milton
- Police Working to Combat Street Racing and Aggressive Driving in Halton
- Here's How Many Street Racing Charges Were Laid in Halton
- Here's How Many Speeding Charges Police Laid in 2017
- Halton Police Laid 129 Speeding Charges On First Day Of Long Weekend
- Here’s Why Halton Police Officers Laid Over 3,000 Charges Recently