Halton Police Nail Alleged Roofing Supply Thieves
Two suspects are facing charges after more than $22,000 worth of roofing supplies were stolen from a Milton business.
The break-in took place on March 17 at 9:53 p.m.
That’s when Halton police responded to reports of suspects breaking into Gibson Building Supplies on Holgate Cres.
The men forced their way in using power-cutting tools, police allege.
Several officers surprised the suspects, who were loading their rented cube truck with stolen goods.
The men quickly fled in the truck, say police, and failed to stop for officers.
The rolling door at the back of the truck wasn’t properly secured and roofing supplies began to spill out onto the road.
Officers boxed in the truck at Regional Road 25 and 5 Side Road and the men fled on foot.
Police soon arrested two suspects.
Sean Grima, 34, of Mississauga, is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime; break and enter; possession of break in tools; disguise with intent; theft over $5,000.
Jonathon Marucio, 36, of Toronto, is charged with possession of property obtained by crime; possession of break in tools; flight while pursued by peace officer; dangerous operation of motor vehicle; fail to comply with probation; theft over $5,000; break and enter; and disguise with intent.
Both men were held for bail.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Suspects Attempt Break and Enter Then Crash Stolen Car in Burlington
- Two Suspects Arrested After Fleeing From Police in Burlington
- Break-In Suspects Charged in Oakville
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton