Halton Police Running, Riding for Special Olympics Ontario
Halton police are activating their muscles as they host the annual Law Enforcement Torch Run/Ride (LETR) in Milton on Friday to support Special Olympics Ontario.
Officers from Halton and surrounding jurisdictions will be taking part in a 50 km cycling event and a 15 km run.
Both events are slated to start at the Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch.
The ride begins at 8 a.m., with the run scheduled at 9:45 a.m.
The run/ride ends with a community walk, where Special Olympians and elementary and secondary students will be joining officers as they make their way to 12 Division.
The LETR has raised more than $35,000,000 since it began in Ontario in 1987.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- UPDATE: Police Explosives Disposal Unit on Scene in Oakville
- Popular Clothing Store Gets its First North American Outlet in Halton Hills
- Some Facebook Users are Experiencing Major Difficulties
- Toronto Premium Outlets’ First Full-Service Restaurant Has Arrived
- Collision on the QEW in Oakville Causing Delays