UPDATE: Murder charges laid in Edmund Ferrari homicide
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has arrested a suspect and laid charges in relation to the homicide of Edmund Ferrari, 91, of Oakville on Aug. 24, 2019.
Dazel Henry, 23, of Brampton has been charged with 1st-degree murder.
Henry is in police custody and is scheduled for an Oct. 24 court appearance.
Police say Henry was identified after an “exhaustive” investigation lead by the HRPS Homicide Unit—with assistance from the Toronto Police Service and Durham Regional Police Service.
Officers called the death “suspicious” when they were called to the area of Allan and Church St. where they located Ferrari with obvious signs of trauma.
Police did not provide a motive for the alleged murder.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Halton Police Asking For Public's Help With Homicide Investigation
- Suspicious Death in Oakville Confirmed to be Homicide
- Suspect and Victim Identified in Oakville Homicide
- Nation-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton
- Victim Identified in Suspicious Death Investigation in Oakville