Halton Resident Celebrating Big Lotto Win
Christmas has come a little early for a very lucky Halton resident.
OLG recently congratulated Acton man John Beaulieu for winning $50,000 in the Dec, 4 (evening) Daily Keno draw.
Beaulieu also won an additional $110 on other draws from the same ticket, bringing his total winnings to $50,110.
"I've been playing the lottery for about 10 years," Beaulieu told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I like to play a variety of games, but mainly Daily Keno, Lotto Max and Lotto 6/49."
John discovered he had a big winner after checking his number online.
"Then I double checked using the OLG Lottery App. I couldn't believe it!"
OLG says the 47-year-old mechanic went to the store to validate his ticket.
"This couldn't have come at a better time. I am so happy to be able to treat my family with a little extra this holiday season and to save for the future," he said.
Daily Keno players pick their strategy (from a 2 Pick to a 10 Pick) and pick their bet ($1, $2, $5 or $10) to pick their prize.
The winning ticket was purchased at Royal Jug City on Queen Street in Acton.
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- Four Youths Arrested After Armed Robbery at Burlington Convenience Store
- Shoppers Drug Mart Launches Interesting New Online Program in Halton
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Major Road In Burlington To Be Closed For Salamander Migration