Halton Resident Celebrating Big Lotto Win
Christmas has come a little early for a very lucky Halton resident.
OLG recently congratulated Acton man John Beaulieu for winning $50,000 in the Dec, 4 (evening) Daily Keno draw.
Beaulieu also won an additional $110 on other draws from the same ticket, bringing his total winnings to $50,110.
“I’ve been playing the lottery for about 10 years,” Beaulieu told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. “I like to play a variety of games, but mainly Daily Keno, Lotto Max and Lotto 6/49.”
John discovered he had a big winner after checking his number online.
“Then I double checked using the OLG Lottery App. I couldn’t believe it!”
OLG says the 47-year-old mechanic went to the store to validate his ticket.
“This couldn’t have come at a better time. I am so happy to be able to treat my family with a little extra this holiday season and to save for the future,” he said.
Daily Keno players pick their strategy (from a 2 Pick to a 10 Pick) and pick their bet ($1, $2, $5 or $10) to pick their prize.
The winning ticket was purchased at Royal Jug City on Queen Street in Acton.
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Multiple Drivers Penalized for Speeding, Street Racing in Oakville and Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 15– 21