Halton School Closures to Take Note of
Halton students may be happy to hear this news.
All schools and workplaces in the Halton District School Board are closed today (Feb. 6) due to bad weather conditions.
Environment Canada has issued a freezing rain warning for Burlington, Oakville, Milton, and Halton Hills.
“An area of freezing rain is moving over the area this morning,” notes the Environment Canada website.
“The freezing rain could persist for much of the day before changing to freezing drizzle this evening. Freezing drizzle is expected to continue tonight and into Thursday morning.”
All schools in the Halton Catholic District School Board are also closed today.
Post-secondary students should also note that Sheridan College is ending classes early. In fact, Sheridan says that all of its classes will end at 11:00 am and all three of its campuses (Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton) will close at noon today. The closure extends to all of Sheridan’s facilities, but campus security will remain on site.
Roads, walkways, highways, and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Utility outages also may occur.
Stay safe today, Halton.
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton