Halton Under Severe Weather Watch
Halton residents beware - a severe weather watch is in effect for our region!
“Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain,” said Environment Canada.
According to Environment Canada, thunderstorms are expected to develop near Lake Huron and Georgian Bay and move southeastwards. The thunderstorms will have potential to produce severe weather, such as large hail, damaging winds, and torrential rainfall.
“Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Intense lightning is likely with any thunderstorm that develops,” said Environment Canada.
The watch is in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface