Halton Youth Counselor Arrested for Sexual Assault
A child and youth counselor from Oakville has been arrested and charged with sexual exploitation and sexual assault.
Fernando Costa, a 53-year-old employee of the Halton District Catholic School Board has been arrested in connection to an incident with a student that occurred in 2001.
At the time of the incident, Costa worked at Bishop P.F. Redin g Secondary School in Milton, and at the time of the arrest, he worked at St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School in Oakville.
Costa has been employed by the school board for nearly 30 years--he has worked at many schools in the area during that time, and he has been involved with coaching some of the youth sports teams affiliated with the schools.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this or similar incidents to contact the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit - Detective Sergeant Chris Newcombe at 905-465-8965 or Detective Constable Tiffany Lyons at 905-465-8976.
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Oakville
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Suspect Arrested Following Sexual Assault Investigation in Milton
- A Burlington Taxi Driver Has Been Charged Following Alleged Sexual Assault
- Former Burlington Babysitter Charged With Sexual Assault