Hamilton Man Facing Charges Following Attempted Auto Theft in Burlington
A Hamilton man is facing multiple charges following an attempted auto theft in the City of Burlington.
According to police, yesterday, Feb. 4, just before 7:00 a.m., Burlington officers responded to a report of an attempted theft of vehicle.
The homeowner saw a man attempting to steal his 2016 Subaru from his driveway on Headon Road.
The homeowner confronted the man who took off on foot.
Officers set up a perimeter and Halton Police K9 successfully tracked the accused, who was found hiding in a storage shed at the rear of a home near Headon and Jordan Avenue.
The accused, according to police, Michael Allen (19) of Hamilton was arrested without incident.
The accused has been charged with alleged possession of property obtained by crime, alleged theft of motor vehicle, and two counts of alleged fail to comply - probation.
The accused was held for bail and appeared in Milton Court on Feb. 4 where he was remanded into custody and will appear for in court via video on Feb. 7.
If you have any information regarding this incident, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Four Arrested by Halton Police Following Alleged Cell Phone Theft Ring
- Police Arrest Burlington Man Facing 21 Criminal Charges
- Man Charged With Multiple Offences After Attempted Vehicle Theft in Halton
- Police Investigating Attempted Truck Theft in Burlington
- Suspect Arrested Following Numerous Theft and Robbery Related Offences in Halton