Have your say about Working in Milton as discussions about Official Plan continue
Published June 6, 2023 at 12:22 pm
A series of public meetings is being held this month so officials can get feedback on Milton’s future.
The Town of Milton invites residents and stakeholders to attend engagement sessions to learn and comment on work-related topics that will shape We Make Milton, the new Official Plan project that will manage growth and development in the community to the year 2051.
The Working in Milton step of the project explores policy options for how to:
- Protect Milton’s existing and future employment base
- Accommodate and attract a spectrum of industries and businesses
- Sustain and foster future employment growth through flexibility and adaptability
- Address climate change, greenhouse gas emissions and air quality
- Encourage employment intensification in mixed-use and strategic growth areas
- Support and expand existing and future employment in rural areas
Interested residents can attend a Working in Milton engagement session:
- June 8 at 7 p.m. Register for Zoom webinar.
- June 14 at 3 p.m. Register for Zoom webinar.
- June 19 at 10 a.m. Register for Zoom webinar.
- June 20 at 7 p.m. Milton Town Hall. Milton Room. No pre-registration required.
Members of the community can get involved in other ways by visiting Let’s Talk Milton to read the draft background and policy considerations reports; complete the survey before June 21; share your thoughts on any Official Plan topic any time in the Feedback Forum.
A report with policy recommendations will go to Milton Council for approval in July. Engagement on the remaining We Make Milton policy theme, Growing in Milton, will occur later this year.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising