HCDSB Announces Land Purchase for New Milton Secondary School
A new catholic secondary school is coming to Milton.
According to a recent press release, the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) announced the land purchase where a Catholic Secondary School will be built in Milton.
The new school will be located on the southeast corner of Kennedy Circle and Louis St. Laurent, within both the Boyne Survey Secondary Plan and the Milton Urban Expansion Area.
“We are very pleased with this purchase, the first step towards the realization of a new Catholic secondary school in Milton,” Diane Rabenda, Chair of the Board and Milton Trustee, said in a recent press release.
“This is wonderful news for our district, but most importantly for the students and families in our growing community of Milton.”
The HCDSB, depending on Ministry approval, is hoping to have the school opened in September of 2021.
The new school will hold around 1,500 students.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall