Heavy Rain to Hit Halton
A special weather statement has been issued this morning for many regions in southern Ontario, including Peel and Halton.
According to Environment Canada, significantly heavy rainfall is expected throughout the day (Sunday, April 14), continuing into the evening.
20 to 40 mm of total rain is likely.
"Rain will continue today with the heaviest rain expected early this evening along with the risk of a thunderstorm," the statement reads.
The rain is expected to end overnight or on Monday morning.
Residents should keep a safe distance away from low-lying areas and watercourses, as some flooding may be possible.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Three arrested after robbery suspects ram cruiser: Halton Police
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot