Here's Big News for GO Transit Riders on New Year's Eve
For most of us, we probably booked New Year’s Eve off work anyway and not planning to get back into the regular grind until the ball drops to ring in 2019.
But for those of us who decided it wasn’t that bad to go into work on Monday morning, the final Monday morning of 2018, you may have an easier time getting home if you take the train.
GO Transit has announced that they are providing early homebound service on Monday, December 31 in order to help customers get home earlier for their NYE celebrations.
Some train and bus trips will be adjusted or cancelled across the network to match demand, with GOTransit operating on a Sunday schedule on New Year’s Day, January 1.
Here are the schedule changes on the Milton and Lakeshore West GO lines.
MILTON (going through Mississauga to Milton)
Early homebound trips will depart Union at 12:35, 13:35 & 14:35
Cancelled trips from Union at 16:55, 17:25 & 17:55
- Early homebound trips will depart Union at 13:30 & 14:30
- Cancelled trips from Union at 17:15, 18:00 & 18:30
And if that wasn’t enough, GO and UP Express will offer free service on New Year’s Eve after 7 p.m. Customers can simply board without tapping their PRESTO card or buying a ticket. GO Transit will again offer additional late-night train service on some lines.
Extra trip will depart Milton at 20:20 to Union and arrive at 21:21
Extra trip will depart Union at 01:40 to Milton and arrive at 02:39
- Extra trip will depart Aldershot at 00:01 express to Union and arrive at 00:46
- Extra trip will depart Union at 01:13 to Aldershot and arrive at 02:21
- Extra trip will depart Union at 03:23 to Aldershot and arrive at 04:31
- Extra trip will depart Aldershot at 02:31 express to Union and arrive at 03:16
GO Transit also has a few reminders to their customers:
Plan ahead for your trip home from the GO parking lot; a train ride will not sober you up.
Keep your celebrations polite and your ‘spirits’ bottled up. Drinking on the train is not allowed.
If you need assistance, please look out for GO’s Transit Safety Officers.
For more information about schedule changes on NYE for GO Transit’s other routes, click here.
- Driver in Milton Charged with Speeding with Three Children in Vehicle
- Cineplex CEO Stands By Decision To Screen Pro-Life Film 'Unplanned'
- This Pub is Now Open in Burlington
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: July 14 – 20
- House of the Week: $1 Mil Milton Home with Gorgeous Salt Water Pool
- GO Train Service Changes in Oakville and Burlington
- Here’s What you Need to Know About Some Upcoming Milton Transit Schedule Changes
- Take Note of GO Transit Service Changes in Oakville and Burlington
- GO Transit Now Offering New Train Service to Niagara Falls
- Take Note of GO Transit Service Changes in Burlington