Here's Big News for GO Transit Riders on New Year's Eve
For most of us, we probably booked New Year’s Eve off work anyway and not planning to get back into the regular grind until the ball drops to ring in 2019.
But for those of us who decided it wasn’t that bad to go into work on Monday morning, the final Monday morning of 2018, you may have an easier time getting home if you take the train.
GO Transit has announced that they are providing early homebound service on Monday, December 31 in order to help customers get home earlier for their NYE celebrations.
Some train and bus trips will be adjusted or cancelled across the network to match demand, with GOTransit operating on a Sunday schedule on New Year’s Day, January 1.
Here are the schedule changes on the Milton and Lakeshore West GO lines.
MILTON (going through Mississauga to Milton)
Early homebound trips will depart Union at 12:35, 13:35 & 14:35
Cancelled trips from Union at 16:55, 17:25 & 17:55
- Early homebound trips will depart Union at 13:30 & 14:30
- Cancelled trips from Union at 17:15, 18:00 & 18:30
And if that wasn’t enough, GO and UP Express will offer free service on New Year’s Eve after 7 p.m. Customers can simply board without tapping their PRESTO card or buying a ticket. GO Transit will again offer additional late-night train service on some lines.
Extra trip will depart Milton at 20:20 to Union and arrive at 21:21
Extra trip will depart Union at 01:40 to Milton and arrive at 02:39
- Extra trip will depart Aldershot at 00:01 express to Union and arrive at 00:46
- Extra trip will depart Union at 01:13 to Aldershot and arrive at 02:21
- Extra trip will depart Union at 03:23 to Aldershot and arrive at 04:31
- Extra trip will depart Aldershot at 02:31 express to Union and arrive at 03:16
GO Transit also has a few reminders to their customers:
Plan ahead for your trip home from the GO parking lot; a train ride will not sober you up.
Keep your celebrations polite and your ‘spirits’ bottled up. Drinking on the train is not allowed.
If you need assistance, please look out for GO’s Transit Safety Officers.
For more information about schedule changes on NYE for GO Transit’s other routes, click here.
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Interactive map shows how you can support Halton farmers
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton
- GO Train Service Changes in Oakville and Burlington
- Here’s What you Need to Know About Some Upcoming Milton Transit Schedule Changes
- Take Note of GO Transit Service Changes in Oakville and Burlington
- GO Transit Now Offering New Train Service to Niagara Falls
- Take Note of GO Transit Service Changes in Burlington