Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
A previous inhalton article noted that a new elementary school is coming to the Town of Oakville. The school will accommodate 776 students and will also have a five-room childcare centre.
The previous article also revealed that the estimated total budget for the construction of this elementary school is $20.7 million. The funding for this project has been approved by Lisa Thompson, Minister of Education. And the HDSB recently awarded the architectural tender to Hossack & Associates Architects Inc. of Mississauga, and the construction contract to Tambro Construction of Guelph.
Furthermore, back in September of 2018, according to a recent news release, HDSB trustees approved the undertaking of a boundary review for the new Oakville NE #2 public school to tackle the growth happening in northeast Oakville.
“The boundary review will alleviate enrolment pressure at nearby elementary schools and accommodate new development within the community,” reads the release. “At the March 6, 2019 Board meeting, trustees deliberated on numerous school boundary options and unanimously approved Scenario 14c as the final boundary for the school.”
Although it was noted that the school will be located at Sixth Line and Dundas Street in Ward 7, no exact address was announced at the time of the previous inhalton article. However, the Halton District School Board (HDSB) recently revealed exactly where the school will be located - 3199 Post Rd.
Along with announcing the address, the HDSB also noted, in the release, that they will be holding an official ground-breaking ceremony for the northeast elementary school.
This ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 2 at 1 p.m., at the school site.
HDSB trustees, senior administrative staff members, and local government officials will be attending. Students and residents in the area are also welcome to attend.
The school is expected to open in the fall of 2020.
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- Victim of Burlington Shooting Identified As EMS Dispatcher
- Heavy Police Presence in Burlington Due to Active Investigation
- Heavy Police Presence Following Shooting In Burlington
- Female Pronounced Dead Following Shooting In Burlington
- Construction of New Halton Schools Causing Concerns Amongst School Board Trustees
- A New Elementary School is Coming to the Town of Oakville
- Construction Has Started for This New Oakville School Building
- More Teachers are Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board Soon
- Here’s Why the Halton District School Board’s Budgets Were Reduced