Here’s How Burlington is Honouring the Late Walk Off The Earth Band Member
The City of Burlington will be honouring the late Walk Off The Earth band member Mike Taylor ‘Beard Guy’ who reportedly passed away in his sleep at his Burlington residence on Dec. 30, 2018.
According to a recent blog post on Mayor Marianne Meed Ward’s website, the Mayor’s office is launching a new Key to the City program.
This program will honour organizations and people who have made significant contributions to the Burlington community.
The city will be working with local artists in order to create an artistic piece that will serve as the ‘key’. This piece will represent Burlington and will also feature a unique element that represents each recipient.
“The first recipient of this new distinction will be, posthumously, Mike Taylor of Walk Off The Earth — at this Sunday’s (Jan. 13) tribute concert at Civic Square in the downtown — for the impact he has made on Burlington’s arts and culture scene with his talent, music and community involvement,” reads the blog post.
Cover image is courtesy of Walk Off The Earth’s Twitter page.
- Walk Off the Earth Releases Tribute Song Honouring Late Band Member
- City of Burlington Reacts to Death of Walk of the Earth Band Member
- "Walk off the Earth" Performing at Memorial Tribute in Burlington
- Here’s What the Walk Off The Earth Tribute Concert Looked Like in Burlington
- Burlington's "Walk off the Earth" Band Member Dies