Here’s How Halton Police are Tackling Distracted Driving in the Region
Halton Police have been working tirelessly in 2019 to tackle distracted driving. Earlier this year, police laid over 3,000 charges related to driving, and there was one incident in Oakville back in June where someone was ticketed for watching the Raptors parade while driving.
With that being said, Halton Police have not ended their quest to tackle distracted driving in the region.
In fact, a new tool is now available to help front line officers in the region address the growing dangers of distracted driving.
“Halton Regional Police have begun to deploy side-camera technology on their police vehicles, modernizing evidence collection practices and finding an innovative way to tackle distracted driving, which continues to be a top threat to road safety,” reads a recent Halton Police press release.
According to police, since January 2019, over 1,000 distracted driving charges have been laid. And the public is continuing to identify distracted driving as a primary threat to road safety.
“Police are hopeful the use of side camera technology will be a game-changer and that drivers will keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel,” continues the release.
More information about side camera technology is outlined in the video below.
What do you think of this new technology?
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- This Famous Building Has Been Designated as a Heritage Site in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington
- Incredibly Rare Event Happening in Skies Above Halton
- Here’s How Much You Can be Fined for Distracted Driving in Halton
- Police Issued Numerous Distracted Driving Charges During Oakville Ribfest
- Here's What Counts as Distracted Driving in Halton
- Here's When Tougher Distracted Driving Rules Are Coming to Halton
- Oakville Police Officer Frustrated By Bizarre Distracted Driving Incidents in Halton