Here’s How Infrastructure Has Changed in Halton Hills
Over the years, infrastructure in the Town of Halton Hills has changed quite drastically.
According to a recent press release, the town recently reported on the 2017 infrastructure projects that were completed with monies from the federal government's Gas Tax Fund.
This fund, administered by the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO), provides funding to help municipal governments improve critical infrastructure such as roads, bridges, public transit systems, recycling facilities, and recreation centres.
"In 2017, the town completed 12 projects with the help of the federal Gas Tax Fund," Chris Mills, Commissioner of Transportation & Public Works, said in a recent press release
"The total Gas Tax contribution in 2017 was $2.2 million, which included roadways, culvert and bridge improvements which enhance residents' everyday experience in town."
Since the fund was established in 2005, Halton Hills has invested $17.7 million in 55 infrastructure and capacity-building projects that are worth a total of $42 million.
"We appreciate this assistance from the federal government", Mayor Rick Bonnette, said in a recent press release.
"Predictable funding allows municipalities to make decisions on important infrastructure upgrades that improve the lives of all residents."
As a result of investing in local infrastructure, the fund also helps to grow Canada's economy by improving the environment, and building healthier and more environmentally-friendly community's.
- Three Oakville teens arrested following robbery and assault
- House of the Week: 6 beds and 6 baths in South Oakville
- First glimpse of Canada’s true COVID-19 infection rate expected mid-July
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Provinicial Government Announces Massive Funding to Improve Transit and Infrastructure
- Halton Hills Receives Almost $3 Million for Infrastructure Rehabilitation Project
- Halton Hills Gets Federal Funding for Infrastructure
- Provincial Government Provides Large Investment for Halton Hills Infrastructure
- Feds Funding Three Border Infrastructure Projects