Here’s How Many Speeding Charges Halton Officers Laid Last Month
In efforts to reduce aggressive driving in Milton and Halton Hills, police officers from both towns focused their efforts in April on targeting speeding motorists.
This was known as ‘Project Rural Impact’.
“Halton Police recognize that many citizens in these rural communities have very real concerns about speeding motorists,” reads a previous press release from Halton Police. “We want to help make these roadways as safe as possible so that people can walk their dogs, ride their bikes and pull into and out of their driveways without fear.”
And, according to a recent press release, close to 500 speeding charges were laid last month as a result of the project.
According to the release, 497 speeding charges were laid, and 29 drivers had their licences suspended and their vehicles seized for seven days, under Ontario’s ‘stunt’ driving legislation.
Project Rural Impact took place over the course of April, however, speed enforcement will continue to take place throughout the year.
“Rural speed enforcement will continue to take place throughout the year and I’d like to encourage people to report their concerns to us,” Sgt. Paul Rudallsaid in the release. “We recognize aggressive driving is a concern for residents are we will remain focused on charging those drivers who break the speed limit.”
During the project, officers were equipped with speed measuring equipment and operated marked and unmarked vehicles at numerous locations throughout the two towns.
What do you think of the rural impact project?
- Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Big Changes Planned for These Highways in Halton
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- Power Outage Affecting Nearly Two Thousand Milton Residents
- Here’s How Halton Officers are Working to Reduce Aggressive Driving
- Here’s Why Halton Police Laid More Than 300 Charges This November
- Here's How Many Speeding Charges Police Laid in 2017
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in One Week
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton