Here's How Many Street Racing Charges Were Laid in Halton
Twenty police officers joined Halton police for a street racing blitz targeting aggressive drivers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
More than 160 driving charges were laid in the Aug. 24 crackdown.
Partners included police officers from Peel, York, Toronto, OPP, and the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
Officers were equally split among the three Halton police districts to combat street racing and aggressive driving.
This was the fourth such collaborative effort to take place in the GTA this year by officers who work on Project E.R.A.S.E.(which aims to Eradicate Racing Activity on Streets Everywhere).
Halton officers have previously supported York, Peel and the OPP by assisting with similar projects in their jurisdictions.
Charges included: two vehicles seized for stunt driving; two drivers suspended for seven days; one driver arrested and charged for impaired operation; 82 speeding charges; eight distraction charges (holding/using a cell phone); 53 equipment charges; one seatbelt charge; 17 warnings issued.
Residents are urged to contact police -much like with impaired drivers- to report illegal racing and dangerous operation of motor vehicles.
Take street racing to the track, say police.
Members of the public are also reminded that driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is a crime in progress and to immediately call 911 to report a suspected impaired driver.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- Halton Police Lay Staggering Number of Charges During Street Racing Blitz
- Here’s Why Halton Police Officers Laid Over 3,000 Charges Recently
- Here’s How Many Speeding Charges Halton Officers Laid Last Month
- Here's How Many Speeding Charges Police Laid in 2017
- Here's How Many Charges OPP Laid Against Truck Drivers in One Week