Here’s How Much Funding Milton Transit Recently Received
The Town of Milton recently received funding in order to support its ongoing system-wide service growth and improvements.
Milton, according to a recent press release, was one of 107 municipalities across the province to receive funding.
This funding was part of the 2018/19 Ontario Gas Tax Program.
In total, the Town of Milton received just under one million dollars, $968,868 to be exact.
"This funding is significant and helps ensure that as Milton Transit ridership continues to grow, we can meet the demand in the community," Mayor Gord Krantz said in the press release.
"Innovative funding between all levels of government is critical to support the infrastructure needs of growing communities like ours."
The press release notes that the Gas Tax Program provides municipalities with two cents per litre of provincial gas tax revenues.
Municipalities that receive this funding must use it towards public transit capital and/or operating expenses at their own discretion. This can include upgrading transit infrastructure, increasing accessibility, purchasing vehicles or adding more routes, and extending hours.
Currently, Milton Transit is inviting residents share their feedback regarding the 2019-2023 Milton Transit Service Review and Master Plan Update.
The plan, according to the press release, will review and recommend service improvements, introduce new innovative services and implement advanced technologies to support Milton Transit service growth.
To have your say, visit www.letstalkmilton.ca/TransitMasterPlan.
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- Driver charged for traveling at high speed in Oakville
- Canadian company urges human trials after COVID-19 vaccine results in mice
- Construction proposal for Burlington passes after opposition withdraws
- Jobs promised in Milton through new defence contract
- Here’s How Milton Residents Can Have Their Say in the Transit System
- Here's How Much Money Halton Will Receive for Transit Projects
- Here’s How Residents Can Have Their Say on Milton Transit Services
- Here’s How Much Milton Transit Ridership Increased in 2018
- Provinicial Government Announces Massive Funding to Improve Transit and Infrastructure