Here’s How Much Money Halton Hospitals Recently Received
Hospitals in the Halton Region recently received funding to upgrade, repair, and maintain their facilities.
This funding was provided by the Ontario government.
The government provided funding 128 hospitals across the province. In total, the government invested $175 million.
“The health and safety of patients and families is a priority for our government,” Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, said in a press release.
“That’s why we must make the necessary investments in our hospitals now, to ensure our providers have the facilities they need to continue to provide excellent quality care to patients. This funding will help ensure hospitals across Ontario are able to make the needed upgrades, improvements and maintenance so patients and families have access to reliable, quality care they expect and deserve.”
In an email, Christopher Warren, Executive Assistant to Stephen Crawford, MPP Oakville, said that Halton Healthcare Services (which operates three sites - the Georgetown Hospital, the Milton District Hospital, and the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital) was allocated $1,949,657.
“The Ministry of Health and Long Term Care has sent the official funding letters to these hospitals, who will be allocating the funding between hospital sites for the specific upgrades/repairs/maintenance project(s) in the coming months,” Warren said.
The Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington will also be getting a portion of the funding.
Also via email, Tracy Jollymore, Constituency Office Manager Jane McKenna, MPP Burlington, noted that the Joseph Brant Hospital, which was recognized as one of the top employers in Halton for 2019, will receive $765,000.
- Delays At Major Intersection In Burlington Due To Collision
- Man Transported To Hospital Following Reported Stabbing In Milton
- Some Halton Residents Might See a Cheaper Internet Bill Next Month
- Man Charged Following Fatal Oakville Crash
- Oakville Man Charged After Being Found With Over 400 Pounds of Cannabis During Traffic Stop
- More Than 100 Ontario Hospitals to Undergo Repairs This Year
- Here's Where Halton's Hospitals Rank on the List of Best Hospitals in Canada
- Here's Something You Didn't Know About the Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington
- Province Aims to Improve Care for People in Mental Health Crisis in Halton
- Here’s Why Halton Hills will Receive Millions in Funding from the Ontario Government