Here’s How This Company, Founded by a Milton Resident, Made its Way to the Oscars
A Canadian company made its way to the Oscars this year in a very unique way.
This year, one of the items included in the Hollywood swag bags that were given out to Oscar nominees and winners, who were staying at the Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills, was macarons.
And the company that supplied these macaroons was RepChampion Canada - a company that was founded by Kaoutsar (Katsy) Entifi, a Milton resident.
One of the reasons Entifi, who spent about a decade living in Paris, created the company was because of her passion for French pastries in general but Parisian macarons in particular.
"She was approached by a French macaron supplier looking to expand into North America, [and] she immediately requested macaron samples because she had to find out whether they were the real deal," reads a press release. "Kaoutsar was blown away by the unique sweet and savoury macaron flavours, as well as the perfect texture, slightly crunchy outside and softer inside."
After that, there was no turning back.
The company has only been in business for five years; however, it is already incredibly successful, and for a good reason. The macarons are handmade in France and stick to the basics and traditions.
RepChampion Canada offers traditional macaroon flavours such as vanilla, raspberry, and salted butter caramel. In addition, the company also sells unique flavours such as goat cheese, carrot, figs and onions and bell pepper, and more.
A few celebrities who received these macarons include Lady Gaga, Rami Malek, Bradley Cooper, Tina Fey, Spike Lee, Queen Latifah, and Ellen DeGeneres.
RepChampion Canada serves Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga, Toronto, and neighbouring towns.
For more information about the company, click here.
Photos are courtesy of Get News.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Unique Eco-Conscious Company Opens Store in Milton
- Major Beverage Company Releasing Interesting New Flavours
- This Burlington Company is One of the Country’s Most Diverse Employers
- Canada's largest movie theatre chain nearing sale to UK-based company
- Burlington Company Makes Important List of Canada's Best Employers