Here's How to Prevent Fires in Milton
Every homeowner should be prepared in case of a fire.
According to a recent press release, that's why Milton's Fire Department team is working with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to advertise the Fire Prevention Week Campaign this year.
The theme of the campaign this year is Look, Listen, Learn, Be Aware.
"Working in the fire service for many years, we know that people often make choices in fire situations that jeopardize their safety or even cost them their lives," Chief Dave Pratt of the Milton Fire Department said in a recent press release.
"We strive to continue to teach residents about how escape planning and practice can make a life-saving difference."
The campaign this year will highlight three steps homeowners and residents can take to escape a fire quickly and safely.
- Look for places a fire could potentially start.
- Listen for the sound of the smoke alarm
- Learn two ways out of every room.
There will be a series of events hosted by Milton's Fire Department to support Fire Prevention Week.
Coffee with a Firefighter - Friday, Oct. 12
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
People can come out and meet a firefighter at local McDonald's in Milton to talk about fire safety concerns, issues or questions they may have.
- 91 James Snow Pky. N.
- 590 Martin St.
- 600 Santa Maria Blvd.
Fire Department Open House: Saturday, Oct. 13
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
People can learn about fire safety through hands-on kid-friendly activities, equipment demos and more! The event and BBQ is free to the public.
- Memorial Arena, South Parking Lot - 77 Thompson Rd. S., Milton
- Station No. 2 - 2665 Reid Side Rd., Campbellville
Fire Department Open Station & Truck Tours: Tuesday, Oct. 9 and Wednesday, Oct. 10
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
People can visit a local fire station for a behind-the-scenes opportunity to see and learn about modern firefighting equipment, and also ask questions they've always wanted to.
- Station No. 2 - 2665 Reid Side Rd., Campbellville. Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Station No. 3 - 610 Savoline Blvd. Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Station No. 4 - 405 James Snow Pky. Wednesday, Oct. 10
Fire Prevention Week takes place from Oct. 7 to Oct. 13.
- Milton Fire Department Investigating Fire at Daisy Mart Convenience Store
- Here's What's Happening With Milton's Fire Department Station 1
- Bringing Back History to Milton's Fire Department
- Burlington Fire Department Responds to Car Fire at Police Station
- Here’s Why This 14-Year-Old Was Recently Recognized by the Milton Fire Department