Here’s How You Can Celebrate Hockey in Burlington
Burlington hockey fans get ready.
According to a recent press release, Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour, presented by Scotiabank and Dodge, is coming to Burlington on Oct. 27 and Oct. 28.
The goal of the tour is to celebrate hockey.
The event will include meet-and-greet opportunities with retired Toronto Maple Leaf players Steve Thomas and Darcy Tucker, a live performance by Burlington's own Walk Off The Earth, and a live Sportsnet NHL broadcast.
The two-day festival, hosted by Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, begins on the Saturday at noon on Brant Street and will end on Sunday evening after the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
The broadcast will start with a pre-game show hosted by MacLean and Slone from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio starting at 7:30 p.m., followed by a showdown between the Ottawa Senators and the Vegas Golden Knights on Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet NOW and Rogers NHL LIVE.
The free hockey-themed weekend will include games, prize giveaways, different activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family.
This event will be held on Brant Street in Burlington (Brant to Locust from James to Lakeshore - including the new parking lot and Civic Square).
The event will run from noon to 6 p.m. on Oct. 27 and 1 p.m. until the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party the following day.
To get to this event, a free shuttle will be provided by the Burlington GO Station to downtown Burlington.
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- Four Youths Arrested After Armed Robbery at Burlington Convenience Store
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist Dead After Colliding with Truck in Milton
- Shoppers Drug Mart Launches Interesting New Online Program in Halton