Here’s How You Can Cool Down in Oakville This Summer
In a previous inhalton article, a few places where residents and visitors can go to cool down in Burlington this summer were highlighted. Now, it’s time to look at where residents and visitors can cool down in the town of Oakville.
If you’ve been looking for somewhere to visit or to take the kids to this summer to get some relief from the heat, you’ll be happy to hear that Oakville is home to a number of splash pads - which happen to be a great option.
Here’s everything you need to know about Oakville’s splash pads.
Oakville is home to 16 different splash pads, all of which are listed below.
- Coronation Park, 1426 Lakeshore Road West (temporarily closed due to high lake levels)
- Forster Park, 100 North Forster Park Drive
- Heritage Way Park, 1659 Heritage Way
- Isaac Park, 3086 Isaac Avenue
- Millbank Park, 166 Glenashton Drive
- Munn’s Creek Park, 153 River Oaks Boulevard West
- Nautical Park, 355 Nautical Boulevard
- Neyagawa Park, 540 River Glen Boulevard
- Old Abbey Lane Park, 1110 Old Abbey Lane
- Pine Glen Park, 1482-1520 Pine Glen Road
- Postridge Park, 400 Postridge Drive
- Sixteen Hollow Park, 2140 Westoak Trail
- Valleybrook Park, 1150 Valleybrook Drive
- Valleyridge Park, 2524 Valleyridge Drive
- West Oak Trails Park, 2860 West Oak Trails Boulevard
- Wynten Park, 2495 Wynten Way
All splash pads, with the exception of the one located at Coronation Park, are now open for the summer season and are open on a daily basis from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Those who are planning on visiting one of the town’s splash pads should take note of a few rules: pets are not allowed, all children must have adult supervision at all times, and swim diapers for all children under four-years-old are required.
And if splash pads don’t entice you, Oakville is also home to a number of indoor and outdoor pools.
Photo is courtesy of the town of Oakville’s Facebook page.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed on QEW in Burlington identified
- Burlington Liberal Calls Out Conservatives for "Jewish Targeting" Literature
- House of the Week: Lakeshore Luxury
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Burlington, Milton, and Oakville: Oct 6-12
- Do You Know Ozzy? Ozzy Hydroponics is Your One Stop Shop for Indoor Gardening