Here's How You Can Get a Free, Loaded PRESTO Card
If you love free things - and could use some help with transit fare - something exciting is happening at select transit terminals in the coming weeks that you’ll want to mark your calendar for.
It’s the start of the season at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, and to celebrate, Scotiabank is giving away free, loaded PRESTO cards.
Whether you’re a regular transit user or just need a way to get to the Leafs or Raptors home opener, this could save you a few bucks.
Select TTC and GO stations will indeed be giving away these pre-loaded cards on the following days:
- October 3, Toronto Maple Leafs Home Opener
- October 17, Toronto Raptors Home Opener
The giveaway starts at 4 p.m. on each of those days.
Of course, limited supplies are available, so you might want to head over a little earlier to snag a card.
The goal of the giveaway is to get fans to Scotiabank Arena and Maple Leaf Square to support the Maple Leafs and Raptors.
How much money is on the pre-loaded card, you ask?
If you get a PRESTO card from select TTC station, it’ll have a pre-loaded amount of $6, while each PRESTO card obtained from select GO stations carries a pre-loaded amount of $8.
So whether you’re headed to the game or elsewhere, here’s where you can pick up a free card:
More details here.
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
- Charges laid after non-essential Oakville business found to still be operating
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Big Changes Are Coming to PRESTO Cards in Halton
- Jays, Leafs, Raptors, TFC, Argos team up to create special assistance fund for event staff
- Toronto Maple Leafs fire head coach Mike Babcock
- Halton Commuters Can Now Save on Transit Fare
- Free Transit Will Soon be Available to Some Residents in Burlington