Here’s How You Can Have Your Say in Oakville’s New Towne Square
Do you want to have your say in Oakville's new Towne Square? Well, your opportunity is coming.
The town of Oakville is asking for feedback on a second round of design concepts for Towne Square - a small but unique public space located at 210 Lakeshore Rd.
Residents can share their opinions at a public meeting and online.
The meeting will be taking place on Nov. 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall where the town's design consultants will present two new concepts - a hybrid option that incorporates features from the four concepts presented during the first round of consultation in the summer, and a facelift option that is an improved version of the existing design.
The design concepts can also be viewed online, and residents provide feedback using the town's idea forum tool on the Towne Square Redevelopment page until Nov.16.
"Community input is a critical part of creating a vibrant and attractive downtown for everyone to enjoy," Mayor Rob Burton said in a recent press release.
"I encourage everyone to weigh in on the new designs of this important public space in the heart of downtown Oakville."
Staff will make a recommendation to Council for final approval in December.
The redevelopment of Towne Square will be coordinated with the first phase of Lakeshore Road reconstruction, between Navy and Dunn Streets, beginning in the spring of 2019.
The design will complement the Lakeshore Road streetscape and will include the traditional style of furniture and materials endorsed by residents and businesses and approved by Council in 2017 as part of the Lakeshore Road East Reconstruction and Streetscape Project.
Photo is courtesy of the town of Oakville.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Must-Have Gifts Available at MUJI in Square One This Holiday Season
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- What Do You Think Oakville's Towne Square Should Look Like?
- Exciting New Development in the Design for Oakville’s Towne Square
- Here’s the Latest on What’s Happening with Oakville’s Towne Square
- Oakville’s Lakeshore Road Reconstruction Project Officially Underway
- Here's Why You'll Have to Wait for Town Square Redevelopment in Milton