Here's What Jobs Young Workers Are Looking For in Halton
Gen Z Halton residents are slowly starting to make their way into the workforce, but where exactly are they searching for their future careers?
According to a recent Indeed blog post, Gen Z has a keen interest in 'future proof' jobs.
The post collected numbers based on Gen Zers of graduating age compared to everyone else. A "popularity index" was also created to show how much more frequently they click on specific full-time job postings compared to all other job seekers.
Some of the top jobs found included:
- Pediatric nurse practitioner
- Junior marketing associate
- Video game designer
- Architectural technician
Indeed claims that growing up in a technological age may be the main reason for many of these job searches being related to the business, marketing or finance fields.
Apart from the tech and media-related jobs, a few more traditional jobs showed up on the list. Actuary, paralegal and laboratory analysts are all in demand and offer plenty of career opportunities.
Many of the jobs are also noted to be entry-level or require minimal university education. Indeed claims this might be due to Gen Z's desire to enter the workforce to achieve their dreams, such as homeownership.
As more Gen Z students graduate and join the workforce, it will be interesting to see what careers they will follow. Do these trends predict the future, or will it change as time goes on?
What do you think of these trends?
Photo courtesy of Indeed.ca
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton