Here’s What We Know About Light the Night in Oakville
If you’re looking to get some exercise and walk for a good cause, then we’ve got the perfect event for you.
Light the Night in Oakville.
According to the Town of Oakville, every year communities across Canada, friends, families, and co-workers get together in order to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) at their Light the Night walk.
The goal of the walk is to provide hope and help to those who are battling and impacted by blood cancers.
According to the official Light the Night website, the LLSC Light the Night Walk can be found, currently, in 12 cities across Canada each fall.
However, there are many more volunteer-hosted walks as well.
One of these volunteer-hosted walks is the Oakville walk.
The Oakville Light the Night walk will be held on Oct. 13 at Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park.
Registration and lantern pick up will start at 5 p.m., the lantern light ceremony will begin at 7 p.m., and the walk will start at 7:30 p.m.
There is expected to be over 25,000 people walking at this event.
For more information about Light the Night, visit the official website here.
- UPDATE: Foul Play Not Suspected Following Double Fatality in Burlington
- Burlington is a Pricey Place for Renters: Report
- Police Looking to Identify Alleged Voyeur in Halton Hills
- Suspect Sought After Electric Toothbrushes Stolen From Shoppers Drug Mart in Oakville
- Burlington Resident Rich After Winning Massive Lotto Prize