Here's What We Know About This Cannabis Store Set to Open in Burlington
Plans are underway regarding a second cannabis store that is planned to open in Burlington.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) recently authorized Pioneer Cannabis Co., located at the 1200 Brant Street plaza at North Service Road and the QEW, to operate in Burlington.
Notice of authorization was sent to the city on Thursday, July 25.
At this time, the AGCO must still conduct a pre-opening inspection to ensure the operator is ready to open for business and sell cannabis products to the public in accordance with existing regulations.
If the store is approved, it will be the second cannabis retailer in Burlington after RELM Cannabis, which opened earlier in the year.
Mayor Marianne Meed Ward issued her statement on the matter earlier today.
“I support regulated cannabis stores in Burlington, to give our residents safe, legal access to this product, and help combat black market sales,” she said.
The Province has authorized the retail #cannabis store Pioneer Cannabis Co. to operate in #BurlON (following a pre-opening inspection) on Brant Street at North Service Road & the QEW. This will be @cityburlington's 2nd. Click the link for my full My Take: https://t.co/ydj9Vuhcxo pic.twitter.com/7MkKdMMpvK— Marianne Meed Ward (@MariannMeedWard) July 26, 2019
“Nevertheless, myself and other mayors across Ontario will continue to advocate for additional regulatory control over the location and number of stores within our cities.”
City council will continue to monitor and report on any locations as they arise and advocate for appropriate regulations, the mayor says.
We’ll update with further news on this retailer’s status, including when it is set to open.
What do you think about another cannabis store opening in Burlington?
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- This is Where Burlington’s Cannabis Store will be Located
- Burlington Mayor Weighs in on New Potential Cannabis Store Locations in the City
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- Burlington files application for third cannabis store
- Here’s Where Burlington’s Cannabis Store Could be Located