Here’s What You Need to Know About Oakville’s Fall Loose Leaf Collection
It's that time of year again in Oakville.
Loose leaf collection time. Here's what you need to know.
According to the town of Oakville, the loose leaf collection schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 22 to Oct. 26 in zones 5, 6, 7, 9
- Oct. 29 to Nov. 2 in zones 1, 3, 4, 10
- Nov. 5 to Nov. 9 in zones 5, 6, 7, 9
- Nov. 12 to Nov. 16 in zones 1, 3, 4, 10, A
- Nov. 19 to Nov. 23 in zones 5, 6, 7, 9, B, C
- Nov. 26 to Nov. 30 in zones 1, 3, 4, 10
To see a map of the zones, residents can visit the Loose Leaf Collection page.
Collection guidelines are as follows:
- Collection can happen any time during a scheduled week. To ensure leaves are collected, put them out by 7 a.m. on the first day of collection in your zone.
- The town is asking that residents don't put out leaves more than seven days before the first day of a scheduled week in their zone.
- Place all loose leaves on the boulevard or on the shoulder, not over catch basins, in bicycle lanes or in the ditches in front of your house.
- Ensure leaves are free of garbage or other yard waste materials.
Contaminated piles of leaves or leaves put out after the pickup dates will not be collected.
Homeowners will be responsible for removing uncollected leaves.
The Halton Region collects bagged leaves and yard waste on the same day as regular garbage pickup.
This is a separate program from Oakville's loose leaf collection. Visit the Halton Region website for more information on your waste collection schedule.
For more information regarding Oakville's fall loose leaf collection, residents can contact Service Oakville at 905-845-6601 (TTY 905-338-4200) or visit the Loose Leaf Collection page.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Burlington’s Loose Leaf Collection
- More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Here's More Important Waste Collection Information for Halton Residents
- Popular Store Launches Unique New Collection