Here’s What’s Replacing the Niblick Pub in Oakville
You know that "when one door closes, another one opens" saying?
It applies today.
In the summer, one of the town’s most beloved restaurants revealed--much to the shock and disappointment of its long-standing, regular patrons--that it was closing its doors for good.
The Niblick Pub, which had been around for 15 years, served its last customers on Aug. 31.
And while the Niblick will always be missed, some pub goers might be happy to hear that a Mississauga mainstay is about to call the vacant space home.
The Upper Oakville Shopping Centre, where the Niblick was located, recently announced that it was excited to welcome the Oakville Pump & Patio to the Upper Middle Road and Trafalgar Rd. area plaza.
The shopping centre says the Pump is currently renovating the space.
For those who are unaware, the Pump brand—which operates four locations in Mississauga and one in Burlington—is comprised of a small family of restaurants that were initially exclusive to the Clarkson and Port Credit neighbourhoods.
As far as food goes, Pump restos typically offer ribs, steaks, salmon, fajitas, beer battered haddock, sandwiches and wraps, burgers, quesadillas, tacos, pasta, wings and more.
According to the Oakville Pump's Facebook page, the restaurant is expected to open in December.
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic