Here’s What’s Replacing the Niblick Pub in Oakville
You know that "when one door closes, another one opens" saying?
It applies today.
In the summer, one of the town’s most beloved restaurants revealed--much to the shock and disappointment of its long-standing, regular patrons--that it was closing its doors for good.
The Niblick Pub, which had been around for 15 years, served its last customers on Aug. 31.
And while the Niblick will always be missed, some pub goers might be happy to hear that a Mississauga mainstay is about to call the vacant space home.
The Upper Oakville Shopping Centre, where the Niblick was located, recently announced that it was excited to welcome the Oakville Pump & Patio to the Upper Middle Road and Trafalgar Rd. area plaza.
The shopping centre says the Pump is currently renovating the space.
For those who are unaware, the Pump brand—which operates four locations in Mississauga and one in Burlington—is comprised of a small family of restaurants that were initially exclusive to the Clarkson and Port Credit neighbourhoods.
As far as food goes, Pump restos typically offer ribs, steaks, salmon, fajitas, beer battered haddock, sandwiches and wraps, burgers, quesadillas, tacos, pasta, wings and more.
According to the Oakville Pump's Facebook page, the restaurant is expected to open in December.
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- UPDATE: One Male Arrested For Attempted Child Abduction in Oakville
- Halton Residents Warned of Gas Scam by Police
- Here’s What We Know About a New Restaurant Coming to Oakville
- Beloved Oakville Restaurant Permanently Closed
- Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Downtown Oakville Vs. Port Credit in Mississauga
- Battle Results! Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Oakville vs. Port Credit
- Popular Oakville Cafe Closes its Doors