Here’s When the Newest Branch of the Milton Public Library is Opening
The wait is almost over... because the newest branch of the Milton Public Library will be opening very soon.
In a recent press release, the library revealed that the new Sherwood branch will be open as of Monday, Sept. 30, 2019.
The new branch will be part of the new Sherwood Community Centre located at 6355 Main St. W.
According to the release, the new library was designed in order to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. As noted in the release, the 'discovery layout' of the new shelving will help customers find what they're looking for.
This is something staff members are excited about.
"We are all very excited by the new layout and shelving design being incorporated into the new Sherwood branch," Mark Williams, Chief Librarian, said in a statement. "SchoolHouse Products Inc. & Opening the Book, North America have helped to realize our vision for a new approach to public library service. To say staff are excited about the opening of the new branch would be an understatement and we look forward to welcoming the first patrons to the Sherwood library branch as of September."
In addition to checking out books, people will be able to access a wide range of self-service options at the Sherwood branch. Some of these options include laptop lending, self-directed printing, and access to library materials even when the library is closed.
Furthermore, the library will be working with partners from Community Services to develop joint programming which will include access to a reading garden.
Are you excited about the Sherwood branch opening?
Renderings are courtesy of the Milton Public Library.
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Halton Hills passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Special air quality statement in effect for Oakville and Burlington
- Here’s What the Newest Milton Library Branch Will Look Like
- Big Changes are Coming to This Branch of The Oakville Public Library
- Big Changes are Coming to the Oakville Public Library’s Glen Abbey Branch
- New Oakville Public Library Opening In May
- Here’s What We Know About the New Sherwood Community Centre and Library