Here’s Where all of Oakville’s Leash-Free Dog Parks are Located
It seems as if the summer-like weather is finally here to stay. With that being said, if you're a dog owner you've probably been thinking about getting some fresh (warm) air with your furry friend soon. And if you've been wondering where you can take your beloved dog to let them wonder off-leash in Oakville, then you're in luck.
The town of Oakville recently tweeted out a map that highlights all of the town's leash-free dog parks.
"Leash-free dog parks are fully fenced areas where owners are allowed to have up to two dogs off-leash at a time," reads a notice on the map. "They are self-funded by dog walking groups and operate year round, seven days a week from dawn to dusk."
According to the map, there are currently seven leash-free dog parks in Oakville: Kingsford Gardens Leash Free,Glenahston Park Leash Free, Post Park Leash Free, Memorial Park Leash Free, North Park Leash Free, Palermo Park Leash Free, and Shell Park Leash Free.
Click here to see where each park is located.
Oakville residents and visitors should take note that outside of leash-free areas, dogs must remain on a leash at all times.
Will you be visiting any of these leash-free dog parks in Oakville with your pet this summer?
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- First Ontario-produced masks ready for use, Premier Doug Ford says