Here’s Where the Rest of the NBA Final Viewing Parties Will be Held in Burlington
Many people gathered to Burlington’s Civic Square for games one and two of the NBA Finals. However, the city has released some crucial information regarding where the remainder of the viewing parties will be held.
According to a recent press release, Burlington’s Burlassic Park will be moving to the Central Park Bandshell for Games 3 and 4 due to construction work at City Hall.
“Due to some roof work being done at City Hall, we need to move things over to the Central Park Bandshell,” Mayor Marianne Meed Ward said in a statement. “But no matter where we are, Burlassic Park will roar with every point, rebound and turnover, and I know you will all continue to make me proud. We’ll be back at Civic Square for the rest of this series — and despite the slight setback in Game 2, we’ll be celebrating the NBA Championship coming North! This is Canada’s game and our nation’s moment.”
However, Games 5, 6 and 7 will still be held Civic Square.
According to the release, the dates, times and locations for Burlassic Park NBA Finals public viewing parties are listed below.
Game 3 Wednesday, June 5: Central Park Bandshell. Viewing party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Game 4 Friday, June 7: Central Park Bandshell. Viewing party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Game 5: Monday, June 10. Civic Square. Viewing party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Game 6: Thursday, June 13. Civic Square. Viewing party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Game 7: Sunday, June 16. Civic Square Viewing party begins at 7:30 p.m.
The city has also released some important information regarding weather conditions and noise.
“The city of Burlington will be hosting game viewings rain or shine,” reads the release. “As the games are likely to go beyond 11 p.m., city council has granted a noise bylaw exemption for all days.”
There will also be some road closures that residents should take note of
”For all games at Civic Square, Brant Street will be closed from James to Elgin Streets from one hour before the viewing parties begin and will be reopened soon after the game is over,” notes the release.
Where will you be watching tonight’s game?
Photo is courtesy of the city of Burlington.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Road Closures to Watch Out For During NBA Viewing Parties in Burlington
- NBA Finals to be Shown at Civic Square in Downtown Burlington
- PHOTOS: Burlassic Park Returned to Civic Square in Burlington for Game 5 of the NBA Finals
- Burlington’s Burlassic Park is Changing Locations for Tonight’s NBA Final Game
- Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Burlassic Park Tonight in Burlington