Here’s Why Milton was Recognized at an Exciting Awards Ceremony
The Town of Milton is recognized for a lot - it is filled with incredible restaurants, people, along with its growing arts and culture scene.
Now, something new has been added to the list of why Milton is recognized.
Milton Economic Development, according to a press release, was recently recognized at the Economic Development Council of Ontario (EDCO) awards ceremony.
This annual awards ceremony, known as the EDCO’s Awards of Excellence, recognizes and celebrates the economic development work happening around the province.
Milton Economic Development was acknowledged for its work on the ‘We Are The Story’ marketing campaign.
For the 2018 Awards of Excellence, 98 submissions were received and Milton received an honourable mention in the Branding & Advertising, 50,000-250,000 population category for the marketing campaign.
“Milton is a dynamic, modern and innovative urban community filled with incredible success stories,” Andrew Siltala, Director of Strategic Initiatives and Economic Development, said in a press release.
“Through this campaign, we’ve had the opportunity to highlight some of the exceptional people, diverse industries and innovative entrepreneurs that are contributing to making our community a place of possibility.”
The campaign kicked off in the summer of 2018 with a short, community-inspired promotional video. The video, which was developed by Milton Economic Development’s in-house marketing team along with local creative and artistic director Zachary Scholtz, highlights some of the town’s greatest features - including local businesses and community hot spots.
Over the last few months, the video has gotten more than 50,000 views across the town’s various social channels.
Using this campaign, according to the release, Economic Development continues to increase awareness of Milton at events, meetings and across the region to create interest in new investments, partnerships, and initiatives.
To get in touch with the Economic Development team or to share a story about innovative projects, technologies, solutions and partnerships growing in the town, visit milton.ca/Possibility or email EconomicDevelopment [at] milton [dot] ca
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Oakville traffic stop leads to more than 20 gun and drug charges
- Winter weather travel advisory in effect for Halton
- Must-Have Gifts Available at MUJI in Square One This Holiday Season
- Bramalea City Centre is Your Holiday Hotspot for Gift Shopping and Festive Events
- Burlington Ec Dev department receives 2 international awards
- Here’s Why a Number of Young People Were Recognized in Milton Recently
- Here’s Why the Milton Public Library Was Recognized Recently
- Economic Growth For Halton Expected Through New Funding Initiative
- Here’s What Milton is Doing to Attract Business