High Winds Wreak Havoc Across Halton
As strong winds continue to blow throughout the region, police are reporting a high number of road closures that residents should be aware of today.
OPP reported around 5:40 p.m. that the QEW is closed in both directions at Burlington Skyway due to high winds.
Southbound Ninth Line remains closed at Dundas due to a snapped telephone pole, Halton police say.
South Service Road north of Harvester Road and west of Appleby Line is closed due to downed hydro poles.
Roads are closed on 20 Side Road as well as 4th Line Nassagaweya between 4th Line Nass and Guelph Line, and also on 25 Side Road due to a collision and fallen trees.
Police say a hydro pole and wires are on roadway on Sixth Line Nass between 20 Side Road and 25 Side Road.
Power outages are affecting many Halton residents, as well as traffic lights. Drivers are reminded to treat intersections with the traffic lights out as four way stops.
Due to the still increasing number of closures and accidents, residents are strongly advised not to drive unless absolutely necessary.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville