Hometown Hockey is Officially Coming to Burlington
If you love sports - especially hockey - you’ll be excited to know that Burlington has been selected to host the 2018-2019 Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour.
“It’s not every day we get to showcase our beautiful city to the rest of Canada,” said Mayor Rick Goldring.
“We are looking forward to highlighting our community from our vibrant lakefront to our sweeping rural community that’s home to the Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.”
Twenty-five locations were revealed on Aug. 21.
Burlington will welcome the acclaimed Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on Oct. 27 and Oct. 28.
Residents, hockey players and hockey fans of all ages and abilities are invited to attend, participate and enjoy the free festivities planned throughout the weekend as Burlington’s beauty, residents and generosity is featured across Canada on Sportsnet.
Rogers Hometown Hockey will be welcomed to the city in the midst of largest food drive campaign in Canada, the Gift of Giving back. Young Burlington hockey players will be canvassing communities to gather non-perishable food donations. Residents are encouraged to continue to give generously.
The weekend will feature a ball hockey tournament, local musicians on stage, activities and will end on Sunday evening with an outdoor viewing party of the live Sportsnet broadcast of the evening’s featured NHL game with Tara Slone and Ron MacLean.
Each week during the 2018-2019 NHL season, the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will visit a different community across the country with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday.
The family-friendly weekend tells the stories of local upcoming talent and alumni, provides an inviting atmosphere for the community to come together to show their passion for the game and ultimately, celebrate the game of hockey which has been woven tightly into our great Canadian culture.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- A New Restaurant and Bar is Now Open in Milton
- Suspect Sought After More Than $700 Worth of Clothing Stolen From Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Hometown Hockey is Officially Coming to Oakville
- Here's Everything You Need to Know About This Huge Hockey Event in Burlington
- Here’s How You Can Celebrate Hockey in Burlington
- Here’s How You Can Get Involved With Rogers Hometown Hockey in Burlington
- VIDEO: Sidney Crosby Shoots a Heart Warming Kenyan Hockey Promo