Huge Residential Development Proposed for Milton
It’s no secret that the town of Milton is growing, not only in population, but also more and more businesses, and buildings in general are popping up too. And now, another residential development has been proposed for the town.
Fernbrook Homes is proposing a residential development with three buildings ranging in height from 15 to 19 storeys, and with landscaped six-storey podiums as seen in the graphic below.
The address of this proposed development is 101 Nipissing Rd. - the former Milton Operations Centre.
In total, there would be approximately 667 residential units.
“Building A is a 17-storey tower with a 6-storey podium along the eastern edge of the site and would include approximately 228 units,” reads the urban design brief. “Building B is a 19-storey building along the northern edge of the property near the railway corridor and contains 232 residential units. Building C is a 15-storey building oriented along the frontage of Nipissing Road and contains 217 units.
Parking is also highlighted in the design brief.
Both underground and above-ground parking has been proposed for this development.
“A total of 854 parking spaces are contained within structured parking garages,” notes the brief. “Two levels of underground parking structure under[lie] the entire site and contain 608 parking spaces. A 2-storey above-grade parking garage is located at the north end of the site, connecting Buildings A and B and contains 246 parking spaces. The parking garages are integrated amongst the three buildings with a single common access.”
In addition, if approved, there would also be 200 bicycle spaces.
According to the town, an official plan amendment and zoning by-law amendment have also been proposed regarding this development. According to the urban design brief, the amendments have been proposed in order to reflect the height, intensity, and form of the development.
However, no decision has been made regarding the development proposal yet.
Fernbrook Homes and GSP Group are hosting a drop-in public open house regarding this development on May 15, 2019, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Milton Memorial Arena - Lions Club Hall (77 Thompson Rd., S.).
Here, residents will be able to learn more about the application, the review process, share their thoughts, and ask questions.
Do you think this development should be approved?
Photos are courtesy of the town of Milton.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek
- Residents Can Weigh in on Huge Residential Development Proposed for Milton
- Six-Storey Apartment Building Proposed for Milton
- Residents Can Have Their Say on This Proposed Burlington Development
- City Likely to Reject Proposed Condo Development in Burlington
- A 30-Unit Residential Development has Been Proposed for Oakville