Huge Sports Bar in Oakville Shuts Down
A popular south Oakville sports bar has shuttered its doors for good.
If you have a thing for wings named after local hockey teams then you might be as disappointed as a (pre-Auston Matthews) diehard Leafs fan.
Selling itself as Oakville’s “best sports bar,” Drafted featured more than 20 HD TVs, a 4K projector, karaoke, live music, 50 cent wings on Sundays, and $5 pints.
The wing menu - with 52 signature recipes - featured fun sections, such as Local Heroes (paying homage to the Hornets, Blades, Hawks, Rangers, Crusaders, A’s, and Buzz. Then there were the Original Six: Leafs, Rangers, Blackhawks, Canadiens, Red Wings, Bruins. Wings were served in single, double, triple, team (five pounds for $49.99), and stadium sizes (10 pounds for $99.99).
The closure might come as a bit of shock to sports fans … while others contend the location is “cursed.”
The address - 379 Speers Rd. - is a familiar one. It’s been home to Philthy McNasty’s and Finnegan’s Wake, to name a couple of bars.
But here's what’s happening next: Chuck’s Roadhouse Bar and Grill is on tap (it’s a franchise).
There are currently locations across Ontario in cities such as Brampton, Niagara Falls, Whitby, Bracebridge, Aurora, Fort Erie, Ingersoll, and London.
We’ll keep you posted with any new updates and developments.
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers