Hundreds of Stolen Items Seized from Crime Group in Halton
Police have released photographs showing many of the items that were reportedly stolen by an organized crime group in Halton.
The investigation into the group began on March 2, 2018, when police received a tip from a member of the public regarding a residential break and enter in Oakville.
An extensive investigation was conducted by Halton Police, with assistance from Toronto Police Service, York Regional Police, and the Canada Border Services Agency.
Four search warrants were executed, three in Toronto and one in Mississauga.
The investigation lead to the arrests of ten people who are thought to belong to an organized crime group originating from South America, police say.
Police have recently released an online catalogue of photos showing hundreds of stolen items that were recovered during the investigation, mostly jewelry and watches.
The catalogue can be seen here and includes information on how residents can contact police to reclaim any items that were stolen from them.
Overall, $2.7 million worth of property was recovered, police say.
Photos via Halton Police
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton
- Police Executing Search Warrant in Milton Regarding Stolen Property Investigation
- Do These Items Seized by Police in Burlington Belong to You?
- Halton Police Charge Seven Individuals Believed To Be From South American Theft Group
- Another Arrest in $2.7M Break and Enter Ring in Halton