Iconic Restaurant in Burlington Shuts Down
An iconic Burlington restaurant has shuttered its doors for good.
And its unique patio now sits empty.If you have a thing for wings, carrot cake, or comfort food, you’ll be sad to hear this: Chaps, a long-standing Burlington institution, is now closed.Chaps has been the king of wings for about 32 years now and this huge restaurant on Fairview was the only location left (even Oakville had one before it became the Firehall).It feels like a trip stateside with its desert waterfall and cactus and cowboy motifs … there were 10 big screen TVs to catch the game.
People from all over the world headed to Chaps, according to a waitress, Kelly, who told us about a couple who lands from Japan and takes a taxi straight from Pearson airport just for those hot, crunchy, breaded wings.
The closure might come as a bit of shock to regulars since the restaurant opened in 1982.
Its owners, Cathy and Owen, are retiring.
The closing date was scheduled for May 15 — signage on the door indicates they ran out of alcohol over the weekend.
What’s next for this property?
We'll keep you posted with any new updates and developments.
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Will COVID-19 affect Halton house prices?